Wednesday, January 31, 2007

my daily life

The picture is the satellite image of Washington Square Park, the center of my school. Obviously, we can easily recognize the most famous landmark, Washington Square Arch inside the image. It is a white, tall archway with a rectangular outline located in the north side of the park. Besides, there is also a beautiful and circle-shaped fountain placed in the middle of the green park. Although it is withered now, I know it will always be full of water in the summer.






the circled building is the Silver Center









I am not going to introduce the whole history or nomenclature of this park. Instead of copying from Wikipedia or any other guidebooks, I just want to show the general idea and snapshot of my daily environment. We can see two buildings right aside the park. The upper one is the main building for biology and chemistry departments called Silver Center (Maybe more organizations are inside it, but I am not very familiar with that). Another one is probably the education school for my roommates. Moreover, there is a square-shaped gray building east south of the park, the Bobst Library, in where I always stay during the break between my courses. Stern (Tisch Hall), the business school, is just next to it on the right hand side combining with Courant Institute, the mathematics and computer department, have their own plaza and a lot of useful resources, such as free printers or Photostats, etc. They are undoubtedly one of the richest and finest schools within my university (Law school is steps from the shown area). I have to admit that we don't have any clear definition for our campus, and sometimes you may feel like losing inside Manhattan or Greenwich. On the positive side, it is more like we are one part of New York City and we can more simply fuse with American culture and become a New Yorker. No matter what influence it brings to me, that is the way and the place I survive and live up with.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

有时间的话也许可以标注一下,即使是我也是无法立刻找到你描述的那些建筑

chih said...

標示很麻煩阿....就讓建築物隱藏在城市的叢林裡,能找到的人即是一種緣分。